Monday, December 14, 2009

Back on Long Island

Got back to Long Island today. I'll be here walking dogs for some extra money during the Holiday season. I'm still on the hunt for a part-time job while I go through the whole Police application process. It's not as easy as I thought because I need to find a job that has a varied schedule or will be humble because I'll constantly need to take days off so I can travel for different portions of the process. Most Police application processes are the same. The only difference is the order in which they complete the affair. The majority of Police applications consist of a written and physical exam, oral board interview, polygraph exam, medial review, and interview with the Chief of Police. WOW! It's a long and stressful process but definitely worth it in the long run. Well, that is if law enforcement is the career path you are interested in.

Yesterday I took the City of Wilmington (Delaware) physical fitness test. Like the other tests I have taken in the past it consisted of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1.5 mile run. The run didn't go as well as I had planned. My back was getting tight after going through the mile in 5:50. The past few weeks I've been training hard on the bike. My coach Mike has been giving me some intense workouts so I couldn't expect to run fast than 9:00. I ended up running 9:10 but I was all alone. The next guy was about two minutes behind me. I was a bit surprised to see people walking during the run. It seemed as if they gave up way too easily.

Time for some family dinner!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment